The Work-In-Progress Blog Hop

I was tagged for this blog hop by T. M. Franklin. Her first novel MORE is a YA paranormal, and we both have a story in the Romantic Interludes anthology. In short, she's pretty awesome.

In this Hop, we're introducing you to our works-in-progress. Mine is a historical novel, set in the time of Henry VIII, combining romance, Tudor history, and the Celtic myths of the selkies.



.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._



 ~bhavika
1. What is the working title of your book?

Daughter of the Wind and Waves.


2. Where did the idea for the book come from?

I'd written an online story that was a retelling of the fairy tale The Selkie Wife set in the time of "Bloody" Mary Tudor. I really enjoyed writing that story and I knew I wasn't "done" with exploring the selkie myth. I've always loved the Tudor era, so it seemed natural to mingle the two.



3. What genre does your book come under?

Historical, romance, and paranormal. I have a habit of mixing genres in my books.



4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?



Vanessa Nicole Marano as Emma











Ryan Gosling as Will





5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A man who believes himself unlovable discovers his heart's desire with a creature of myth and magic in the glittering, dangerous court of Henry VIII.


6. Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

I'm with The Writer's Coffee Shop, an independent publishing house.


7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It's taken me a year, but I didn't work on it solidly through that time. I worked in bits of time between edits on my latest novel, The End of All Things, and promotion.

Detail of man believed to be
Will Somers
from the Whitehall Family Portrait

This is the first novel I haven't pre-written in my head, so it made it a bit of a challenge for me.


8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

That's a very difficult question. My publisher asked me the same question about the last novel and I was also stumped. I don't know of any novels that combine all of the elements I have. I'm sure they're out there; I just haven't read them.


9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I knew I wanted my next novel to be a historical, and it was only natural to write it in the time period with which I'm most familiar. And I'm still fascinated by the selkies, though they don't seem to be a popular subject for novels.


10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

I'm a stickler for historical accuracy. It's why I couldn't watch The Tudors. My attention to detail wanders into the pedantic at times, but that's what a good editor is for.


.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._


Next week, meet Allie Jean, author of Legacy of a Dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be added after the administrator screens for spam.

Share on Tumblr